At Beckman-Williamson Funeral Home, we offer many choices for conducting Funeral Services. We will assist your family in planning a funeral and choosing the options that suit your family’s needs and your loved ones wishes. We are able to assist you in holding services in a wide variety of areas. We will listen to your family and help to arrange a celebration of your loved one's life through whatever means you choose.
Traditional Burial: Funeral arrangements that include a viewing/visitation (wake) and funeral ceremony, followed by interment at a cemetery.
- Graveside Service: Some families choose to have a simple graveside service as opposed to the traditional funeral service in a church, synagogue, or funeral home.
- Direct Burial: Funeral arrangements for interment in a cemetery without having any ceremony or visitation.
Traditional Cremation: While very similar to traditional burial, you may purchase or rent a casket and the difference is that following the funeral; the deceased is transferred to our crematory instead of the funeral procession going to the cemetery.
- Direct Cremation: Direct cremation is selected when no ceremony or viewing/visitation is desired, if the immediate family would like to pay their respects before the cremation occurs, you can have a private viewing without the embalming. (Embalming is only required when the family chooses a Public viewing)
Funeral Services: The funeral service can be held at the funeral home or in your church or synagogue. Beckman-Williamson Funeral Home serves people of all faiths, working closely with the clergy to make certain that the service is meaningful.
- Memorial Service: A memorial service is conducted without the body being present. You may still have pictures, videos and memorabilia to personalize in honoring your loved one.
Viewing/Visitation: This can be for one or two days or just prior to the funeral service. Having visitation gives family and friends an opportunity to express their condolences and work through their grief. Photographs and memorabilia can be displayed to pay tribute to the life of the deceased, making the visitation and funeral more personal.
- Viewing- is when there is an open casket.
- Visitation- is when there is either a closed casket or no casket at all.
Forwarding Remains to Another Funeral Home: By contacting one of our funeral directors at Beckman-Williamson Funeral Home, plans can be made so that the deceased is taken to an out-of-town funeral home of your choice.
Receiving Remains from Another Funeral Home: By contacting one of our funeral directors at Beckman-Williamson Funeral Home, all the details for bringing your loved one to our facility can be taken care of.
In addition to funeral services our staff also provides the following services.
- Preplanning: There are many advantages to planning a funeral ahead of time. By pre-planning a funeral, difficult decisions will not have to be made during a time of grieving and stress. By pre funding your arrangements you will lock in today’s price and take the financial burden off your loved ones. Your wishes can be put into writing to give your family direction when the time for the funeral comes. Our staff will help you plan so that your family can carry out your wishes.
- Personalization: With any funeral arrangement selection, there are many ways to personalize and memorialize the deceased. Our funeral directors, and staff, will assist in creating a uniquely personal and meaningful funeral service. We will tailor services to meet the lifestyle and personality of the life that was so cherished. Our funeral home is able to offer one-of-a-kind personalization. We now offer online obituaries and guestbook's, for friends and family to review service information, and to leave messages of condolence to the family. Also we provide audio and visual services to make each service more unique, you may bring pictures and music and we can put them together to create a DVD Keepsake that can be displayed in our chapels, online and then taken home with you to be cherished forever.
- Veterans Benefits: We offer personal assistance with filing of Veterans claims. Our staff can determine eligibility and file the necessary paperwork for you to receive entitlements. The form we will need from you is called the DD-214(Discharge Paperwork) this will help us set up the benefits you or your loved one is entitled to:
- United States Flag
- Presidential Certificate
- Honor Guard and Firing Squad at funeral service
- Burial plots, markers and vaults which are provided at national cemeteries
- Other benefits that may be available depending on place of death, and rank of the decedent
- Social Security: We will notify the Social Security Administration of the death. We will explain and help you apply for any benefits you may be entitled to through Social Security.
- Death Certificates: We will help you in obtaining death certificates, which can be important for insurance purposes as well as many other institutions.
Insurance Claims: Our staff will provide expert assistance in filing for life insurance proceeds. Funeral directors are able to take insurance assignments in order to use benefits to cover the costs of a funeral service at Beckman-Williamson Funeral Home.